Saturday, March 22, 2008

How I See This Afternoon

Okay, not so heavy a subject, but I still wanted to cover it.

I went out with my wife, riding around with her while she makes her deliveries for work. It's an enjoyable way to spend time, peeking in at out-of-the-way locations, enjoying the sunshine (when the sun is shining), appreciating the interesting architectural details (there are almost always some, although sometimes they're kind of small ones), and talking.

Talking with my wife isn't quite as enjoyable as it used to be, because each of us is a bit gunshy after all the times one of us has hurt the other. Right now we're trying hard not to, but things happen.

After a ride like this afternoon's, I feel as though we could indeed be reconciled. How things will be tomorrow, though, I will try not to wonder about. There's just no way of knowing.

No comments: